- Learn more about how you can take action as a volunteer leader
- Develop your leadership skills
- Discover new opportunities
ANNA successfully accomplishes the work of the association through the tireless dedication of its volunteer leaders. Our volunteer leaders hold national, regional, and local chapter roles to promote excellence by advancing nephrology nursing practice and positively influence outcomes for individuals with kidney disease.
ANNA values the contributions of its volunteer leaders and stands committed to their orientation to the association’s business and their volunteer roles. Leadership development and training for our leaders is offered during the Volunteer Leaders Workshop (VLW).
Who can attend the VLW?
Volunteer leaders serving in a chapter, regional or national role during the 2013-14 year are invited and encouraged to attend. These roles include:
- Chapter Officer
- Chapter Health Policy Representative
- Regional Officer
- Committee Chairperson
- SPN Facilitator / Leader
- Board of Directors
What is the cost to attend?
There is no charge to attend this workshop if you will serve in a volunteer role during 2013-14. How do I register? Volunteer leaders will receive a personal invitation to register on February 1, 2013.
Due to conflicting schedules, VLW attendees should not register for a Preconference Workshop during the National Symposium.
If you’re not a volunteer in an official ANNA role but want to know more about our leadership opportunities, you may attend the VLW as a guest for a special session rate of $50. Request an invitation to register at VLW@ajj.com.
|Friday, April 19||Saturday, April 20||Sunday, April 21|
|6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
|7:00 am – 8:30 am
|8:00 am – 3:30 pm
VLW Sessions-Day 2
|7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
|8:00 am – 5:00 pm
VLW Sessions-Day 1
|4:30 pm – 5:30 pm
44th National Symposium
- Provide tools and resources to help ANNA's volunteer leaders be successful in their roles and responsibilities during the coming year.
- Promote a collective spirit of service among all volunteer leaders.
- Facilitate networking and collaboration to enhance problem solving and strategic planning for a successful ANNA year!
For more information, or to register as a guest for this workshop, contact the ANNA National Office: VLW@ajj.com